We have some important points that we need to update you on;
We continue to monitor ongoing developments in relation to Covid and how that impacts our ability to play tennis safely. We follow the guidelines as issued by our governing body, Tennis Ireland. It is only by everybody adhering to the guidelines that we can maintain a safe tennis environment.
Follow Covid hygiene practices, isolation guidelines if appropriate, and please do not loiter before or after your game. Remember, you must leave the club promptly when finished to avoid congestion.
- Please log correctly all players on Club Manager. If players change from your original booking, you must change your booking to reflect who is playing and on-court. This is essential for contact tracing purposes.
- We are happy to tell you that the office will now be open earlier in the evening from 5pm (was 6pm) to facilitate earlier use of lights as the evenings get darker earlier.
- The office will also now open on a Friday evening, starting this Friday 5pm – 7pm. Following Fridays the office will open from 5pm to 8.30pm. This will give more opportunity for you to play.
- A reminder to parents that coaching and squad fees are now overdue (if you have not paid already). Please ensure to put your child’s full name on any payment for easy identification. Should you have financial issues that make it difficult for you to make a payment at this point, please let us know and we can explore solutions that work for you.
- Finally a reminder that the weather will make the courts more slippy. Please wear appropriate footwear with good grip, and play sensibly to minimise the risk of injury to yourself.
We hope to continue to be able to play tennis safely for as long as possible. There may be further restrictions and even possible closure at some point in the future. If that’s the case, The Executive Committee will take appropriate action, but until then let’s continue to enjoy tennis by following the club guidelines and protocols. Thank you for all your cooperation to date.
The Executive Committee