Shankill Junior Club Championships
This year the Junior Club Championships will run from Monday 29th October – Saturday 3rd November. Finals will be played on Saturday 3rd November followed by prize giving.
The Orange Ball and Green Ball round robins will take place on Bank Holiday Monday, 26th from 10 – 12pm. Entries close at 7pm on Monday, 19th October. Players can register and pay on-line by clicking the button below
- Maximum number of events that may be entered per person is 3 (one singles, doubles and mixed doubles or two singles and one doubles/mixed). Players must be paid up members of the club to enter.
- Entry fee: €4 per player per event. If not paying on-line, please submit entry form together with fee in an envelope marked Junior Championships to the club office.
- Players should be under the appropriate age on the 31st December 2017 e.g. if playing U14, should be 13yrs on 1st January 2018.
- The attention of competitors is drawn to the Tennis Ireland Code of Conduct which will be on display in the Clubhouse and will be enforced.
- All competitors are reminded to be respectful to their opponents. The umpire and tournament referee reserve the right to penalise bad behaviour with verbal warnings and/or point deductions.
- The decision of the Tournament Committee will be final.
- All players must make themselves available during the period of the Championships including Finals day.
- Doubles and Mixed Doubles – a partner will be provided for all entrants in these categories.
- Plate events will be held for first round losers. The Plate will be played on Friday, its doubles, it is a knockout competition so please note you may have to play more than one match during the day.
- Events will only take place subject to minimum number of entries.
- Players may be required to play more than one match per day.
- Draws/times of play will be available by Saturday, October 27th at 6pm on this page. Please check repeatedly throughout the week as the schedule is subject to change and players will not be contacted individually.