Shankill Club Championships 2021
We are delighted to be running our Club Championships in this the Club’s 35th year. As last year’s Championships were cancelled and to mark our 35th Anniversary, the Club has decided to cap entry fees for this year’s competition at €3.50 per player.
Your Tournament Committee are using Government and Tennis Ireland guidelines and measures to allow us to get back competing and to safeguard our members.
- Takes place 9th – 24th September
- Online entry only
- Entry closes 6pm 31st August 2021
- Finals will be held on Friday 24th September starting from 6:30pm
Shankill Club Championships 2021
Members must accept the Tournament Rules and Regulations as a Condition of Entry. Shankill Tennis Club has a duty to include a few pre-screening questions for players in the rules and regulations. Members are asked to familiarise themselves with all the Club Championships conditions of entry below before registering to play.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS CONDITIONS
- Shankill Club Championships 2021 are sanctioned by, and held under, the Laws, Covid-19 Guidelines, Rules and Regulations of Tennis Ireland, whose Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- The events for the Club Championships are Men’s/Ladies’ Singles, Men’s/Ladies’ Doubles and Mixed doubles.
- Events are open to all club members over 14 years of age on 31st December 2020.
- Draws will be held on 2nd September 2021. All Events will be seeded. Times of play will be available from 6th September. All matches will be scheduled using both outdoor and indoor courts. Please note no changes will be possible to scheduled times. Competitors may be asked to play 2 matches on any given day.
- Members must check in 10 mins prior to playing time. It is the responsibility of the competitors to ascertain their times of play. Competitors not present 15 minutes after the time they are due to play may be scratched. Players must make themselves available for matches and should not enter if unavailable for Finals Day, Friday 24th September. A player whose entry has been accepted should not withdraw except with the agreement of the Tournament Committee.
- Play will take place from 1900 weekdays and on Saturdays from 1800. A maximum of five-minute knock up time must be observed. Matches will be the best of 3 sets with a Champions Tie Break as a decider. This is the first to 10 points with a difference of 2. No-Advantage i.e. first point after deuce scoring must be used in every game. The receiver choses from which side of the court he/she desires to return the serve except in mixed doubles where each gender always serve to the same gender at game point. This ensures matches are finished within the 1hr 30 min time slot.
- A Mixed Doubles Plate event will be held for all first match losers and will commence on Friday 17th September. You must inform the check desk if you wish to be included in this Plate Event.
- Spectators will be allowed to watch matches provided that social distancing is observed. Finals Night may be streamed on STC’s Facebook page and finalists or their parent/guardian will be asked to sign a consent form.
By accepting these conditions of entry, you confirm that:
- You have not been, nor will you travel outside the Island of Ireland in advance of the tournament to any country not included on the relevant Government ‘Green List’ for travel appropriate to the jurisdiction in which the tournament is being held, within the required self-isolation/quarantine period mandated by that jurisdiction on your return.|
- You have not been in contact with a case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior (or 10 days with a negative COVID-19 test on the 10th day) to the commencement of this tournament, and you undertake to withdraw from the tournament if you do so after completing your entry. You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 14 (or 10 days with a negative COVID test on the 10th day) days prior to the commencement of this tournament, and you undertake to withdraw from the tournament if you do so after completing your entry.
- You undertake to inform the Tournament Committee immediately if within 48 hours prior to the commencement of this tournament you experience any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat.
Any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Dowling 086 194 2585
Aidan Comerford 086 830 0052
Susan Wilson 087 9700756