Shankill Club Championships 2020
Club Championship will take place from 16th to the 3rd October 2020.
We are delighted to be running our Club Championships from 16th September to 3 rd October. Competition is at the heart of our sport and is something our club does so well. Our Tournament Committee are using Government and Tennis Ireland guidelines and measures to allow us to get back competing and to safeguard
Always follow the Government Guidelines of Good Hand Hygiene – Respiratory Etiquette – Social Distancing
Shankill Club Championships 2020
Members must accept the Tournament Rules and Regulations as a Condition of Entry. Shankill Tennis Club has a duty to include a number of pre-screening questions for players in the rules and regulations. Members are asked to familiarise themselves with all the following conditions of entry before registering to play.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIPS CONDITIONS
- Shankill Club Championships 2020 are sanctioned by, and held under, the Laws, COVID-19 Guidelines, Rules and Regulations of Tennis Ireland, whose Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- The events for the Club Championships are Men’s/Ladies’ Singles, Men’s/Ladies’ Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Entries online only on ti.tournamentsoftware.com or shankilltennisclub.com. Entries close on Tuesday 1st September @ 6pm.
- By accepting these conditions of entry, you confirm that:
- You have not been, nor will be travelling outside the Island of Ireland in the 14 days prior to the commencement of this tournament.
- You have not been in contact with a case of COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the commencement of this tournament, and you undertake to withdraw from the tournament if you do so after completing your entry.
- You have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the commencement of this tournament, and you undertake to withdraw from the tournament if you do so after completing your entry.
- You undertake to inform the tournament immediately if within 48 hours prior to the commencement of this tournament you experience any of the following symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat.
- Entry is limited to 2 events per member. All events are open to all club members over 14 years of age on 31st December 2019.
- Draws will be held on 4th September 2020. All events will be seeded. Times of play will be available from 12th September on ti.tournmentsoftware.com or shankilltennisclub.com. Play commences on 16th September. All matches will be scheduled, and courts assigned on the website. Matches may be scheduled indoors. Floodlighting will be used where necessary. Competitors may be asked to play 2 matches on any given day.
- This competition will run remotely so there will be no check-in desk. A member of the Tournament Committee will act as a roving off court supervisor for matches. It is the responsibility of competitors to ascertain their times of play and court allocation. Competitors not present 15 minutes after the time they are due to play may be scratched. Players must make themselves available for matches and should not enter if unavailable for Finals Day Saturday 3rd October. A player whose entry has been accepted should not withdraw except with the agreement of the Tournament Committee.
- Play will take place from 6.40pm weekdays and on Saturdays from 12pm. A maximum of five-minute knock-up time must be observed. Matches will be the best of 3 sets with a Champions Tie Break as a decider. This is the first to 10 points with a difference of 2. NO-Advantage i.e. First Point after Deuce scoring must be used in every game. The receiver choses from which side of the court he or she desires to return the serve except in mixed doubles where each gender always serves to the same gender at game point. This ensures that matches are finished within the 1hr 30min time slot.
- A Mixed Doubles Plate event will be held for all first match losers which will commence on 25th September.
- Each match winner must notify the score by text to; Maria: 086 194 2585 or Aidan: 086 830 0052.
- No spectators will be allowed to watch matches. If a player’s court is not ready on arrival, then a player may watch tennis, provided that social distancing is observed. Finals’ Day matches may be streamed on STC’s Facebook page and finalists or their parent/guardian will be asked to sign a consent form.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to alter, amend, add to or delete any of the above conditions. The decision of the Tournament Committee will be final in relation to all matters pertaining to the Championships.
Any queries please email: email@example.com
Maria Dowling: 086 194 2585
Susan Wilson: 087 970 0756
Aidan Comerford: 086 830 0052
Ronan Troy: 086 053 1115