Vets & Graded Championships 2020
COMMENCING Thursday 19th March – FINALS Friday Evening 3rd April 2020
ENTRIES CLOSE Monday 9th March @ 8pm.
Inviting all eligible members new and old to come and play in this great Club competition. We have 7 events to
choose from. Get your names in quick!
Veterans’ events are restricted to club members aged 35 years + in 2020.
Graded events are open to club members who reach 15 years + in 2020 and have not played higher than class 6 in DLTC Summer or Winter league in the past year and have not previously won an STC Graded competition.
Vets and Graded Championship Conditions
- All STC Vets and Graded Championships will be conducted under the Rules of Lawn Tennis and of Tennis Ireland. Tennis Ireland code of conduct is on display in the clubhouse and is to be complied with.
- Online entrants can pay by PayPal. Other entries must be on an official entry form and must be accompanied by the appropriate fee. Entries, addressed to the Tournament Committee, may be left at the clubhouse. All Cheques should be made payable to Shankill Tennis Club.
- Veterans’ events are restricted to club members aged 35+ in 2020. Graded events are open to club members aged 15+ in 2020 who have held a team place in DLTC summer or winter leagues in class 6 & 7 in the past year and non-league players but not previous winners of an STC graded event.
- Some events may be scheduled as ‘Round Robin’.
- Draws will be held on Wednesday 11 th March. All events will be seeded except Graded Doubles. Times of play will be available from Monday 16th March @ 6pm on the website http://ti.tournamentsoftware.com and www.shankilltennisclub.com. It is the responsibility of competitors to ascertain their times of play. Competitors not present 15 minutes after the time they are due to play may be scratched. Players must make themselves available for matches and should not enter if not available on Finals evening, 3rd April. A player whose entry has been accepted shall not withdraw except with the agreement of the Tournament Committee.
- Play will commence on Thursday 19 th March and all matches will be scheduled. Matches may be scheduled indoors. Appropriate footwear must be worn. Floodlighting will be used where necessary. Competitors should report to the Tournament Desk upstairs 15 minutes before their appointed time of play.
- Competitors who enter 2 events or more may be asked to play 2 matches on any given day.
- Play will take place from 7pm every evening Monday to Saturday. Play on Finals’ Evening will commence at 6 pm.
- All matches will be 2 tie-break sets with a champions tie break instead of a final set. This is first to 10 points with a difference of 2. Match balls will be provided in the finals only.
- A mixed doubles plate event will be held for all first match losers.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to alter, amend, add to or delete any of the above conditions. The decision of the Tournament Committee will be final in relation to all matters pertaining to the Championships.
Maria Dowling 086 194 2585
Susan Wilson 087 970 0756
Ronan Troy 086 053 1115
Aidan Comerford 086 830 0052
Ber O’Hara 087 286 7691